From Lina with IT

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mobile Broadband and Work Anywhere

Imagine working from beach, where there's no wi-fi connection available.

It's possible and it's also cheap..Now i'm talking about mobile broadband. I've used it for 6 months and it only cost for 22.42 SGD.
The device is like USB dongle. Just plug and play and surf..in the beach.

Still not available in my home country though. The first time I saw it when I'm in Sukarno-Hatta departure hall, when an expatriate plug this tool and check business emails. He must be using roaming feature from Singtel.

Now talk about the connection speed. Because it's mobile, the speed is really dependent with SIM card signal. Don't use it in close room like your toilet. Hey..but I've try in MRT and subway, it still work and have signal..Pretty impressive...

And because it's broadband connection, the speed according to how many people using it. I'm subscribe to 2Mbps plan. In the morning, the download speed can be more than 1000 kb/s. But now from www.speedtest.net, it just only 391 kb/s

In my hometown where still not available this tool, I also can work mobile.
Just connect my laptop to Nokia CDMA 6255 with bluetooth or cable data connection, and ta..daa.....internet connection available =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home